Login / Sign up
> > > Invalid Pages and Dead Ends

Messages in topic: Invalid Pages and Dead Ends
Zonii

Nbr post: 1
Register: 6/16/14
Posted: 10/18/15, 6:01 AM

Plan on running Sync pretty much all the time time now. To track and load up everything from T2-3 Raids and the new dungeon. But I have been noticing some wonky pages on this end.

Chronicle:
http://rift.magelo.com/en/zones.jspa#f=t_2
This page doesn't show NT Chronicles

http://rift.magelo.com/en/quest/559083667
http://rift.magelo.com/en/zone/-1/Invalid,-do-not-localize
Shadow from the Beyond links to a Invalid do-not-localise page.

http://rift.magelo.com/en/zone/196127849/The-Rhen-of-Fate#items
The raid page for RoF shows chron loot, quests, and artifacts.

http://rift.magelo.com/en/npc/1880550455/Chest
This chest leads nowhere. It's from igp last boss.

Many more endless, and dead ends around. Chests and error values. Things (dungeons, raids) not showing up in drop down menus. etc.

I'd assume some of these are linking errors? Is there anything I can do? like have sync running and run through these things?
Jelan
Admin

Nbr post: 11384
Register: 5/4/01
Posted: 10/20/15, 1:44 PM

Hi Zonil,

First of all, thanks a lot for this valuable feedback and rest assured we will fix all those issues asap !
  1. Chronicles for NT : Will get fixed, need some code to handle this properly
  2. Shadow From the Beyond Should probably not link to any zone (hence the -1), will fix this logic
  3. For RoF, because NT Chronicles are not flagged as such, it creates this issue, fixing the first issue will fix that automatically as well
  4. Will link that chest to the NPC, that is something we need to do manually on our side
  5. For zones/dungeons drop down, know issue, I will get that fixed as well

So let me fix all those issues and once live, keep bug reports coming

Running Magelo Sync will help mainly on those fronts:
  • Loot tables
  • NPC Geolocalization
  • NPC meta data (vendors, guild master, etc..)
  • Artifacts and game objects such as harvestable ones (mines for example) location and meta data
  • Item meta data (item level and upgradeable info for example)

Thanks in advance !
antretha

Nbr post: 8
Register: 8/12/11
Posted: 11/1/15, 5:49 PM

So can we clear this up a bit? (#5)
I:GP, 65 HK, aka T2 raiding, has no zone/loot dropped. Do you want people who use this to have magelo sync on while raiding and on when looting? How does it work, I only have to loot the box and not pick anything up?
bgcgardener

Nbr post: 4
Register: 3/6/16
Posted: 3/8/16, 7:20 PM

Also curious about how the sync works, will it track items from any chests that i see or just the items i personally loot? and do we have to do anything besides just having sync on in the background?
Jelan
Admin

Posted: 3/10/16, 10:59 AM

Sorry for the late follow up on those issues. I will try to fix most of them in the coming week. For the NT Chronicle "Shadow from beyond", I would actually need some help given I cant seem to find this zone manually and I dont have a lvl 65 character to enter that zone in the game.

Can someone with a lvl65 character enter the chronicle with Magelo Sync running and get a look at the Magelo Sync log, it should display the zone ID for the chronicle. I will need this ID to fix the issue.

Hi antretha, yes ideally people raiding should have Magelo Sync running. You dont need to loot anything, just looking at the loot window of any npc or chest is enough. You dont have to do anything else, Magelo Sync will automatically upload new information.

Hi bgcgardener, as stated above, you just need to peek at the loot window, that's it, nothing more. And having Magelo Sync in the background is enough as well.
bgcgardener

Nbr post: 4
Register: 3/6/16
Posted: 3/10/16, 11:15 AM

thanks for the reply, trying to help with the zone ID thing but it seems sync need to be updated as rift.exe was recently
Jelan
Admin

Posted: 3/10/16, 1:24 PM

Yep working on it, should be done within 10mn
Jelan
Admin

Posted: 3/10/16, 1:50 PM

Patched.
antretha

Posted: 3/10/16, 8:13 PM

Ok, So, I'm willing to work with you on this and get this corrected. I'm standing in Shadow from Beyond, luckly I knew what you were asking of us to do. (looking at the log that is. You didn't explain)
Shadow from Beyond:
"[2016-03-10 20:00:42] Zoned into zoneId: 303"
TO Help out, I zoned into GP and then IGP
GP: Won't sync and update. Nothing shows up as zoned in or out. Doesn't count it as a separate zone considers it Shimmersand. Just like Rift Does when you see someone zoned into it.
IGP:Won't sync and update. Nothing shows up as zoned in or out. Doesn't count it as a separate zone considers it Shimmersand. Just like Rift Does when you see someone zoned into it.

I tried it 3 times. Each entrance. I zoned into Shadow then back to the entrance of Both, then zoned in, the zone counts as:
[2016-03-10 20:14:53] Zoned into zoneId: 6
Which is Shimmersand.
What Else do you need? What other data could you use? Loot boxes from IGP is there a way to track if its working and can i look it up on this website? Like, if i have it running, will it track if i open the box.
Jelan
Admin

Posted: 3/11/16, 8:02 AM

Hi antretha,

Thanks for giving it a try, looks like the issue is a little bit deeper than I expected and I will have to dig on my end to understand what is going on. For example, even though Magelo Sync does not properly detect GP, there is indeed a dedicated zone for it: Gilded Prophecy

For now, for those zones, there is not much else you can do. I will keep you posted on my progress.
antretha

Posted: 3/13/16, 11:08 AM

Ok, and what about the boxes we DO loot, is there some place that we can see the boxes WE looted and Select where it came from? So that we can start the process of placing loot in the correct spots.
Jelan
Admin

Posted: 3/13/16, 11:11 AM

If you have seen the loot window of some chests in some other instances, you should be able to find some chests in the instance with their loot. Usually a chest is associated with an NPC and i have to manually do that last part if it's not done already.
Jelan
Admin

Posted: 3/29/16, 5:01 AM

We just pushed a big update today that should address pretty much all the issues raised in this topic.

NT Chronicle: Shadow From the Beyond
Shadow From the beyond quest and its zone link: Shadow From the Beyond

The Rhen of Fate: The Rhen of Fate
and Chronicle: Rhen of Fate: Chronicle: The Rhen of Fate

Chest properly linked to IGP boss: and IGP properly handled as well: Intrepid: Gilded Prophecy

I have yet to re organize the zone/dungeon dropdown into something more useful.