Login / Sign up
> > > Not supported or not finding character(s)

Messages in topic: Not supported or not finding character(s)
Jelan
Admin

Nbr post: 11375
Register: 5/4/01
Posted: 4/13/18, 7:11 AM

The game does not need 4GB of memory to run so it's not so much about how much memory the game can allocate even if in theory it could allocate / address more memory.

If you have a 64bit system, in order to run 32bit application, windows is using an emulator (wow32) which is an additional layer that does take a bit of CPU to run. However, since everything is addressed in 32bit in memory, all pointers are half the size so the game takes less memory to run.

I believe the emulation layer impact is marginal so you should be able to run the game in 32bit just fine.
Mopreme187

Nbr post: 4
Register: 4/13/18
Posted: 4/13/18, 8:03 AM

ill do a test in 32 bit
Mopreme187

Posted: 4/13/18, 8:22 AM

I changed to 32 bit but get this error "rift.exe has been patched, Magelo Sync will be updated soon to support this version.". i have both versions of java 8 161, game is running fine in 32 bit, is there anything else i have to do?
Jelan
Admin

Nbr post: 11375
Register: 5/4/01
Posted: 4/13/18, 8:25 AM

Yep I need to patch Magelo Sync to work with the latest game patch, I am working on it.
Mopreme187

Posted: 4/13/18, 9:31 AM

ok ty, ill look forward to it.
Shontaya

Nbr post: 8
Register: 8/23/18
Posted: 8/24/18, 2:03 AM

I have this same problem as Mopreme187 has/had. "Rift.exe has been patched, Magelo Sync will be updated soon to support this version."
I am running Sync version 4.6.0. Everything is 32 bit.
I even have "Export my characters automatically" checked, leading to C:/Documents/Rift/Interface/Saved/xxxxx@gmail.com/Deepwood

All Sync has said for the last 15 minutes is " Magelo Sync is trying to detect your currently logged character, please wait. If your character doesn't appear after a few seconds, let us know using the support forum.

https://rift.magelo.com/en/profile/Deepwood/Diondra
Customprofile

Nbr post: 172
Register: 2/17/12
Posted: 8/24/18, 2:19 AM

It is not an issue with what you are doing or any settings you have at the moment. That is the latest Magelo Sync, running Rift in 32 bit mode, and having the latest Java installed 32 and 64 bit(both). It still will not work at the moment until Jelan, the one who runs the site, programs Magelo Sync, etc. updates Magelo Sync. Each time Rift is patched(every week) Magelo Sync has to be updated as well(suppose to be each week as well). This is something he has to do, it is not an automatic thing. But it has not been patched/updated in about 10 days. You can check the status of Magelo here: http://syncstatus.magelo.com/ Not sure if you are a new user just subscribing or a current user, etc. It seems it was patched for EverQuest but not Rift. So not sure why...

Shontaya

Posted: 8/24/18, 2:29 AM

New User.
I was gonna use the site to see if it can help me figure out what quests I have missed on my 65 Main toon.
I have the addon Completionist but it sometimes doesn't work right and still shows quests I have already completed.
I was seriously thinking about paying to be a member on here, but I may rethink that now.
And thanks for the info

Customprofile

Posted: 8/24/18, 2:39 AM

Completionist I find does not really do well at all, at least for me. It is never right nor been right. Again that is for me. As for not paying, I am not wanting to steer you away from it as I do pay, it is a great and amazing site Jelan has created. It has all the quests, shinnies, etc., everything in the game. I do not think I have found anything it does not have, except people not commenting on quests that are hard to complete or figure out but that is nothing on Jelan's part. It may not have everything the game has as Jelan would have to comment on that. Normally Jelan has Magelo updated with 24-48 hours of Rift patching. So not sure what is going on now. As I said not sure if he forgot, has other plans as in may be doing a major patch or update to the sync software/site etc., he would have to comment on that. Think about it, again not wanting to steer you wrong or away from not subscribing, or even trying to get you to subscribe, it is only $12 for three months but I have no idea of your budget. I tried it about 8-12 months ago and have been paying ever since and will keep paying. For me it is a great site and tool.

Shontaya

Posted: 8/24/18, 3:17 AM

I haven't made up my mind. I do like the site and $12 for 3 months...that is cheap and doable for me.

Btw, I love this...."To be a healer you have to have a pure heart, one that will always think about others before
yourself. My fellow man shall not fall as long as I have breathe. Trust me and stand by my
side and you shall always be rewarded with life." I totally agree.

Customprofile

Posted: 8/24/18, 3:26 AM

I have never had anyone comment on it and I have used it for years. I came up with it in 2005 about a year after I started playing EQ2, I played a Templar, I have played healers ever since. Not like I have even posted a ton but still no one has ever said anything. Thank you for liking it. Now that you mentioned it I used to use one for my Wizard I played cause in EQ2 under your character sheet you had a place where you could write your own stuff and for him I had that quote from Pulp Fiction that Samuel L Jackson used before he killed someone. But instead of god, I used my toons name, sounded cool for a Wizard. But never used that in a sig cause I did not come up with it. Anyway, thanks again...

Shontaya

Posted: 8/24/18, 3:54 PM

My sync is now working

UPDATE: I had to be away from the game for 3 years, unfortunately. But I have to say your site and the Sync just helped me figure out where I left off in Seratos.

I can't say Thank You enough

Customprofile

Posted: 8/24/18, 6:06 PM

I see Jelan updated, if you read on the NEWS ( https://rift.magelo.com/en/forum/messages.jspa?topic=32376) post he also added extra days to the ones that are Premium users, paid users. He is really good about that. We all know things happen and you can't get to something but he always adds days which is awesome.

Also I am glad it is working for you and yes it is awesome that you are able to just pretty much start right where you left off, I mean yea a little work probably but for the most part you was able to get into it. Anyway glad it is working for you. If you have any issue please post and we will do what we can to get you fixed....