Login / Sign up
> > > installing Magelo

Messages in topic: installing Magelo
Thadrixorf

Nbr post: 4
Register: 4/28/18
Posted: 5/1/18, 10:38 AM

I get an error that Magelosync64 won't install when I'm trying to install Magelosync. I can choose abort, retry or ignore. If I choose ignore it installs but never works right. I don't see the sync button. I start my game manually but no matter what i do it will not start the game. If I hit abort all it says is it can't write magelosync64 and if i hit retry it just says same thing. I could show the screen shot of the error message but i don't know how to do that.

My OS is Win 7 Professional SP1 64 bit. I'm using Firefox 64 bit browser. I have both Java 171 32 and 64 bit installed.

It seems I deleted IE11 64 bit browser and I don't know how to get it back.

Customprofile

Nbr post: 172
Register: 2/17/12
Posted: 5/3/18, 7:50 AM

Make sure you have Java 32/64 installed, both versions. Then uninstall Magelo and once Java is installed, reinstall Magelo. Once Magelo and Java is installed then start Rift via the Glyph launcher, in the settings of Glyph change it to 32 bit, it will do an update then you should be good to go

Customprofile

Posted: 5/3/18, 7:50 AM

Let us know if you have any other issues and we will get you going

Customprofile

Posted: 5/3/18, 7:55 AM

As long as both Java versions are installed and Magelo is installed just make sure you run Rift in 32bit mode vie the Glyph launcher

Thadrixorf

Posted: 5/6/18, 12:47 AM

I don't see how to set the glyph to 32 bit mode. I have both 32/64 java installed. When i go to install Magelo it comes up with that won't install magelosync64.

Strike this. I figured it out and hopefully all is well. Magelo loaded without error.
Customprofile

Posted: 5/6/18, 2:51 AM

good, if anything else happens and you need help let us know

Customprofile

Posted: 5/6/18, 6:07 AM

I am glad you have everything working...

A side note, once Java(both 32/64) is installed, open Configure Java, click the Update tab, change Notify Me: to Before Installing, make sure Check for Updates Automatically has a check mark in the box, click the Advanced button. Change the Frequency to Daily and When to something like 4 am (if you are like me and leave the machine on 24/7...) This way Java will always check for updates since there are a lot of exploits with Java.

Another thing is your antivirus. Myself I just use Windows Defender as it is just as good as anything else out there. But open it(if you use it) or the program you use and make sure Magelo Sync is in the Exclusions/Exceptions lists, this way your antivirus program will ignore Magelo. Also, make sure it is listed in Windows Firewall to allow it through as well.

Thadrixorf

Posted: 5/6/18, 10:32 AM

Since I'm still using Windows 7 I use Bitdefender. I got it for my 2007 32 bit xp laptop. Its a might slow but still good for playing solitaire.

Magelo does say its trying to update itself to work with my system, or something like that. However it will bring up glyph so i can start Rift.

Thanks very much for your help

Customprofile

Posted: 5/6/18, 12:01 PM

you are all set up, as soon as Jelan patches Magelo it will work. Every time Rift patches Jelan has to patch Magelo. So once Jelan patches it will work. Then you will see all your inventory, quests, achievements, etc, everything about your toon. It helps a ton so you know what all your toon has done and what all your toon needs to do.