Login / Sign up
> > > WOW talk

Messages in topic: WOW talk
Danielt

Nbr post: 16
Register: 8/19/08
Posted: 8/21/08, 11:28 AM

ok ive ben reading some topic in this section and i see no acual talk about ingame wow its more talk about issues and problems regarding security and errors...not that i dont like that but u could make a wow run/program/errors etc related....eeee how do u call that ...room.

i have a in game WOW related question. just started with an undead priest and im curious couse smite is a holy spell and does holly dmg. is the bonus dmg 4 those spell calculated trought bonus heal? and how do u get holy resistance.... tho then u would acualy resist heal....just a tought O_O :D

recondor

Nbr post: 12
Register: 6/21/08
Posted: 8/27/08, 2:29 PM

smite is a holy spell and does holly dmg. is the bonus dmg 4 those spell calculated trought bonus heal? No, it's calculated true holy dmg (yes it exists)

and you can get holy rissistance but you never could block a heal

Danielt

Nbr post: 16
Register: 8/19/08
Posted: 8/30/08, 12:22 AM

ok but nowere can i see bonus holy dmg only fire,shadow,arcane,nature and frost where is the holly dmg as well as the resistance?

Manabat

Nbr post: 9
Register: 9/16/08
Posted: 9/18/08, 9:13 PM

I've never seen bonus holy dmg on any items either. I think the only thing you could get is the non-specific +spell dmg. Also I've never seen Holy resistance on anything. If there is I would be interested in seeing it.

My Priest is lvl 42 right now. By lvl 37 I had +43 spell dmg. The nice thing about that was it worked for holy or shadow spells. That boosted my SW Pain by about 30 points a tic and smite 43 per cast. At lvl 42 SW: Pain has +40 a tic added (+50 bonus spell dmg) so in total it does about 1000dmg with 2 points in Improved SW: Pain. Thats 300dmg over base and you can use that dmg towards your holy spells too. So I wouldn't get to wraped up in specific types of dmg unless you are going to be a shadow priest (since they can only use shadow spells anyhow). I think if you go to shadowpriest.com they give a breakdown of how +spell dmg actually works for different spells.
Wasteofair

Nbr post: 8
Register: 11/25/08
Posted: 12/6/08, 11:15 AM

There was a cape in Kara that was +holy spell damage pre-3.0.
Holy resistance pieces I personally have never seen and I've been playing for 3 1/2 years.