Identifiez-vous
> > > Guild Pages

Messages dans le sujet: Guild Pages
Candarie
Membre

Nbr msg: 12
Enregistré: 27/08/2002
Ecrit le: 09/08/2011 03:13

Thanks so much for adding guild features. Huge! We're really happy to see it.

Right now when you click on a guild link, it takes you to a database-results type page. Afterwords I looked at a WoW-guild page to see what was available, figuring it would be more developed. I was a little surprised. It did have a few more options seemingly available, but it was still basically a roster page.

I had to sit and think about for a while why exactly this surprised me so much. See, the character profiles are very stand-alone. They pop-out of the browser, and do what they do well even if you don't normally use magelo. The guild pages do the opposite, using a full browser page that presents a large selection of menus. Many of these options either don't work, or have reduced functionality if you aren't logged or are not a member. This kind of a page could be quite useful to a guild in a different way, but it doesn't seem to fill the same role that the character profiles do.

What would you guys think of a profile-page type thing on a guild level? Something that in one page (and one link) could serve as a kind of "business card" for the guild. I'm picturing something our members could link from their sigs that could contain basics - server, playtimes, main website link, magelo powered roster link, twitter & ventrilo info, recruit status, a couple paragraphs of text. Probably several other small but miscellaneous ideas to be had there too, but that is what I imagine we would put on ours.

~ About Me ~ Celebrating 10+ Years of Healing Raids ~
Jelan
Admin

Nbr msg: 11375
Enregistré: 05/05/2001
Ecrit le: 27/08/2011 09:23

Hi Candarie,

Truly sorry for this very late feedback, It makes me realize we need a new status like "Under consideration" so we can notify our community that we acknowledged their suggestion and we are debating it.

I will get back to you early next week on this guild page thing, I have to gather my thoughts as we kinda went through this discussion with the team some years ago
Keilana55
Membre

Nbr msg: 83
Enregistré: 22/08/2011
Ecrit le: 24/10/2011 19:10

Hi guys,

I am wondering, if what Candarie had suggested is too large a project to jump on now, would it be possible to start small and develop it as we go?

I would love for players to be able to search for a guild and view their roster and recipes at the very least. Maybe make it optional for non-members to view a guilds bank (ie: guild can choose to set that to "public" view or not).

I think it would be a great recruiting tool and then I would be able to remove all rosters but this one from our guild site so all members are using the same roster information - from Magelo.
Keilana55
Membre

Ecrit le: 08/11/2011 22:18

Just a teeny bump:

Hi guys,

I am wondering, if what Candarie had suggested is too large a project to jump on now, would it be possible to start small and develop it as we go?

I would love for players to be able to search for a guild and view their roster and recipes at the very least. Maybe make it optional for non-members to view a guilds bank (ie: guild can choose to set that to "public" view or not).

I think it would be a great recruiting tool and then I would be able to remove all rosters but this one from our guild site so all members are using the same roster information - from Magelo.
loulina
Admin

Nbr msg: 4235
Enregistré: 09/02/2006
Ecrit le: 09/11/2011 05:39

Yes Keilana55 we will start with the list of guilds anyone will be able to browse to see public rosters. We are currently working on the manual character edition and as soon as it will be live (hopefully at the end of the week), we will jump on the guild tools. So this will coming soon!
Keilana55
Membre

Ecrit le: 09/11/2011 05:47

Most awesome! If there is anything that I can do to help, please let me know!
Deathnaught
Membre

Nbr msg: 5
Enregistré: 10/02/2012
Ecrit le: 11/02/2012 03:14

AWESOME idea! I can see this becoming the standard post on all the recruiting / progression type threads which are scattered all over. Unfortunately, straight x/y progression is a crappy way to compare guilds, and the alternative is a standard-less essay thread post. LOVE to see a standardized format for showing off a guild's "elevator pitch". (BTW, though, progression will have to be mentioned somewhere in it, but it doesnt have to be big and visual. A quick, blunt, listing would suffice imo, for reference check out THIS format.)
Jelan
Admin

Nbr msg: 11375
Enregistré: 05/05/2001
Ecrit le: 15/02/2012 18:44

We definitely need to get started with the guild listing and move toward PVE progression tracking asap... I will make sure we push things into the pipeline fairly soon.

Thanks for the feedback everyone and for your patience.
Keilana55
Membre

Ecrit le: 16/04/2012 21:53

Hi Jelan. Any word on this?
loulina
Admin

Nbr msg: 4235
Enregistré: 09/02/2006
Ecrit le: 21/04/2012 07:13

Sorry for keeping you waiting, we were really busy recently with the patch 1.8 among other things, but we don't forget you, no worries! The Guilds listing is in our top priority list and we will keep you posted as soon as it's live.