Login / Sign up
> > > "New Topics" & "Recent Replies" windows

Messages in topic: "New Topics" & "Recent Replies" windows
Keilana55

Nbr post: 83
Register: 8/22/11
Posted: 9/9/11, 11:45 PM

Please pardon if these are already here and I am some how missing them.

It would be very handy to have a window that displayed two columns, one links of new topics (maybe the most recent 25?) and recent post replies, so that we can quickly see current/active forum threads that we might not have read.
loulina
Admin

Nbr post: 4235
Register: 2/8/06
Posted: 9/10/11, 12:58 AM

Hello Keilana55!

There are already some indication about new post in the forums.
Check out the Forums page for example, there is an icon on the left column:

indicates a new post in a forum.
indicates no new post in the forum.

It works the same inside a specific forum itself, such like the Suggestion forum.

And actually we wanted to implement also a notification system, to let you follow a topic and receive an email when someone post in it. This is on our to do
Keilana55

Posted: 9/10/11, 4:05 AM

Thanks. I have seen the icons and similar set ups are pretty standard on most forums that I use. I was hoping to save a small bit of time from scanning each forum thread/group to check for unread posts, but it's not a huge deal really.

However, if you do allow users to "subscribe" to threads, would you please consider adding an option for notification to go to an "inbox" type of set up here or in a text to a cell number? I don't really check my email often, nor do I have the type of phone/plan that allows me to receive my email via cell.
loulina
Admin

Nbr post: 4235
Register: 2/8/06
Posted: 9/14/11, 12:51 AM

I will tag this topic as "not planned" now, as we will more likely work on a "subscribe thread / notification system", as presented in this other suggestion: Subscribe thread and Inbox tool.
Keilana55

Posted: 9/14/11, 3:08 PM

That is just as great. Thanks!