Identifiez-vous
> > > Guild Premium Package

Messages dans le sujet: Guild Premium Package
gregory_joe
Membre

Nbr msg: 7
Enregistré: 03/08/2011
Ecrit le: 03/08/2011 13:30

Would like to see a deal where I can buy Premium for my entire guild at a discounted rate. Having all of our members with premium features benefits the whole guild, but not all members can afford it.

Jelan
Admin

Nbr msg: 11375
Enregistré: 05/05/2001
Ecrit le: 03/08/2011 15:41

While I love the idea I am having an hard time to figure out how that would work. Many pooling to pay for one (like members for guild hosting for example) is easy but one paying for many seems a lot harder. Even you we were to offer a 50% discount for guild premium package, unless your guild is very small, I don't see how it would be feasible.

Do you have something in mind ? Maybe I am just overlooking something....
gregory_joe
Membre

Ecrit le: 03/08/2011 20:24

Guild leader has an additional tool to add account names to their list of approved accounts. Guild members give the guild leader their account name and they can manage it from there. Synch would be able to verify that they are in the same guild, so that people don't just pool up to save money.

Offer multiple packages:

5 accounts: $X/year (maybe $100/year which equals $20 per account)

Up to 20 accounts: $X/year (maybe $250/year which equals $12.50 per account)

Unlimited accounts: $X/year (maybe $350/year which would be a variable amount per account, but would surely increase your membership.)

Actual figures are obviously none of my business, but a significant discount would be justified since the majority of those people would be paying $0 since they wouldn't bother paying for their own account.

gregory_joe
Membre

Ecrit le: 03/08/2011 20:26

And I just noticed your point about how payment would be handled. I know my guild would have no issues with this, but I think most would just have a donation thread on forums with a progress bar for annual renewal. For very informal guilds this model may not work, but then they are probably less likely to use a tool like this anyway.

Raimla
Membre

Nbr msg: 35
Enregistré: 01/08/2011
Ecrit le: 03/08/2011 21:07

How would it work for players with characters in multiple guilds though? The accounts are not per char but per player. If someone has characters in different guilds it can become very hard to track who is paying for what and should have premium access or not.
gregory_joe
Membre

Ecrit le: 04/08/2011 05:59

Well not sure how that matters. If your account is flagged as premium then it's flagged as premium.

Whether that's because your main character is in a guild that paid for a bunch or people or you did it yourself, your alts would get it anyway?

Raimla
Membre

Nbr msg: 35
Enregistré: 01/08/2011
Ecrit le: 04/08/2011 10:28

Ah yes, if it is paid for it is paid for. I get your point.
Jelan
Admin

Ecrit le: 04/08/2011 11:28

Thanks a lot gregory_joe and Raimla for this constructive discussion. We have now a much better understanding of what you are looking for and it definitely looks doable.

Regarding the last argument, it would be way too easy to abuse the system, just create a dummy guild with a lvl 1 character and ask anyone who want to sync, to join this guild with a lvl 1 character on his own... I remember a friend of Warhammer being part of a big alliance and for ease of communication they all had a lvl 1 character in a common guild for this purpose.

I think it makes more sense to restrict those "guild premium package" to the guilded characters. And the discount you get factor this as well (on top of the bulk order).

We will try to come up with a proposal soon to follow up on your ideas.
gregory_joe
Membre

Ecrit le: 07/08/2011 20:52

Sounds great! Can't wait to see it

Jelan
Admin

Ecrit le: 27/08/2011 09:21

Little update to say that we didnt forget you guys, there are a few things that need to be done before we can move on with this. I will keep you posted on our progress asap.
gregory_joe
Membre

Ecrit le: 28/08/2011 10:23

Thanks for the update. Look forward to seeing what's in store

Keilana55
Membre

Nbr msg: 83
Enregistré: 22/08/2011
Ecrit le: 20/09/2011 20:31

Okay, I have been thinking... Not sure this is possible or even something that any of you would want to get into ...

IF you added a way for potential members to a particular guild/game to be able to fill out a "member survey" (guild application) and a way for each guild to have forums, a guild calendar, and track points/drops many people like myself might be willing to switch from their current guild hosting site (for us it's guildportal.com) and use Magelo only.

You can have a free guild service and premium guild service as well as members having free/premium options.

That way guild leaders don't have to have half their guild plugged into a guild site and another but smaller set willing to ALSO stay plugged into Magelo.

Just a thought
Jelan
Admin

Ecrit le: 12/10/2011 20:51

That's precisely where we are heading Keilana55 And that's why it takes time as well as we don't want to rush this. Thanks for your patience and I will be sure to keep you all posted as soon as we have more to share on this subject.
Deathnaught
Membre

Nbr msg: 5
Enregistré: 10/02/2012
Ecrit le: 11/02/2012 03:28

Its a bit off topic to bring up guild pages, but since its here, honestly, Id hate to see you guys get into building guild sites. Reason being, were VERY happy with enjin.com (coming from previous guildportal sites, its a HUGE breath of fresh air). Having really gotten into the enjin community and all the ins and outs over there, its a HUGE undertaking, and you just do different stuff here tbh. My concern is that if you took on the full guild site business as well youd end up spending all of your time developing that, and lose focus on all the things you offer here which nobody else does. Weve got a great solution for guild sites, as long as this plugs in Id rather see everyone do what they do best. Also, to be quite frank, we may prefer another company's guild sites to yours, but still want the features you offer now. Id hate to have to pick.

All that said, the original topic here was a guild-sub rate. Personally I like how we have it with enjin, where we have a module, only visible by member+ ranked folks, which shows us the date our sub runs out, and has a paypal 'donate' button. Someone donates, say, $7.52, and the site does the simple math and updates our NEW sub expiration date. Easy Peasy.

As for subscription rates, Id like to see a <10 bracket (how has a <5 guild? you need 5 to start in most games anyway), <20, and >20. Wrap it all up, let me buy the first month (HAS to be month to month btw), and throw up a donation module on our site. You can simply look at it as credits coming in, and so if I switch from, say, <5 to <10 plan, credits stay, it just changes the exp date. As to who is included on our plan, cant think of a fool proof automatic method, but would be happy to invite / kick. Its a small maintenance, and eliminates potentially large hassles fixing errors on an auto system.

Ill tell you this, Im the only person in a 40 member guild that has your service (and im on trial), if I go premium Ill prob convince 3-4 others to as well. If, however, you got a guild sub in place, Id sign us all up that day!

$350/year, of $30/month, though, seems pretty high for an unlimited account. As mentioned, of the 40 people in my guild, without a guild sub youd only get 3-4 at the most anyway, and out entire site $30/mo with all the bells and whistles (voip included for 50 people, at EXCELLENT quality). IMHO $15-$20/mo would be reasonable price, call it $19.99 and be done. Make it cheap enough and youll get requests from folks looking for guilds just like voip:

"Do you guys have a site, Vent/mumble, Magelo?"

Thats when your set cause guilds have to have it to recruit, people want a guild with it so they dont have to pay for the solo sub, and can keep the service anyway.
Keilana55
Membre

Nbr msg: 83
Enregistré: 22/08/2011
Ecrit le: 16/04/2012 21:54

Hi Jelan. I'm just wondering how this project was going?